Are you looking for an active, part-time position that surrounds you with great dogs and a great team? QK is growing and welcoming new members to our Kennel Care team. Our goal is to keep our dogs happy, healthy, and exercised in a superbly clean environment and we hope you will join us being the best “second home,” possible.
- The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in a previous animal care environment (employee or volunteer).
- Communication (written/verbal) skills with fellow team members, clients required, paired with the flexibility to accept changes that occur when caring for unpredictable animals.
- This is a physically active job, requiring lifting (up to 50 pounds) and the ability to stand and walk for a good portion of the day.
- You will administer medication as indicated/approved by owners and will be handling dogs of all shapes/sizes. (note, while most dogs are friendly, not all personalities are the same).
- You will be part of feeding, play and cleaning time — spending time with dogs both indoors and out.
- Reliable transportation is required, for QK is the located in the dog-friendly open spaces of northeastern, CT where public transportation is distant.
- Weekend and holiday availability is required, as dogs do not take days off in needing to be cared for.
- To apply, please send a resume and cover letter addressed to Darcy to firstname.lastname@example.org