Come join our pack!
QK Dogs — the area’s fastest-growing canine campus — is now accepting applications for our Trainer Development Program. Come learn from the best — acquiring skills and expertise to train dogs for the families/owners that love them.
Being a trainer is not just a job — it’s a passion.
We are seeking energetic, engaged, and invested team members who enjoy witnessing dogs thrive with the right attention and focus. If you want to be part of a community the shares a desire for dogs to be happy and healthy, then we want you.
But first, some real talk about the expectations and responsibilities:
– Don’t worry about a Fitbit, in this role you will soon be in the best shape of your life — the days are active, outdoor, and year-round in all weather conditions.
– Lifting/moving dogs is often required, therefore be prepared to carry a minimum of 50 pounds — up to 100 pounds — depending upon the breed.
– Your passion for dogs must extend to all sizes, types, breeds, and personalities. Before thoughtful training, some dogs can be unruly or face behavior issues.
– Consistency is the foundation of good training and therefore our strength is defined by our team. Plan to join us with a commitment to be reliable and you will be able to rely on us for a sense of community, comradery, and direction.
– A valid driver’s license, transportation, and references are required.
– Members of the armed forces, first responders and others with prior K9 training experience are encouraged to apply.
Within a few months, a member of our Trainer Development Program will receive well-rounded exposure to all aspects of training — dog/kennel care, client relations/communications, and one-on-one coaching to draw out basic command skills to the most complex of working dog/gun dog behavior. Our 2021 plans include the launching of an eXcursion dog program, training four-legged companions to enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, and more. Therefore, experience with outdoor sports is also a real plus!
Benefits, a competitive salary, and a great future are all provided.
If you’re ready to join the best pack, please send resume and cover letter to Jennifer via firstname.lastname@example.org