Are you worried about your dog’s health while he/she is away from home? Does your dog get stressed out when in a boarding environment? Do you want the extra peace of mind of having a licensed veterinarian examine your dog during his or her stay at QK?
Dr. Kristin Williams, (also known as Dr. K!) is now available for QK customers and their pets to help ensure your pet’s health and comfort while staying on the QK campus. Dr. K is on call 24/7 most days (excluding her vacation time and some holidays) to come to the kennel and examine your dog should your pet become ill during their stay at QK.
However, we are also offering a discounted exam fee if you would like your pet to be routinely examined on a non-emergent basis, so that we can more closely monitor your pet’s health during his or her stay. You can purchase a single exam, or multiple exams if your pet is staying at QK for a prolonged period of time.
Please note: if your dog is signed up for a routine exam, and then becomes ill during his or her stay and requires additional emergency/sick exams, we will discount the additional emergency/sick exam fee.
In addition, Dr. K can perform diagnostics if you would like them done while your pet is staying with us. Have trouble getting a fecal sample at home? We will have plenty of opportunities to get a stool sample for you when your pet is staying with us!
Here is a sample list of diagnostics Dr. K can do while your pet is staying at QK:
- Fecal Analysis including testing for Giardia
- Heartworm and Lyme Disease/Anaplasmosis/Ehrlichiosis test
- Baseline wellness bloodwork to check kidney and liver function, and a complete blood count
- Senior Profile – to include an extensive blood chemistry panel, complete blood count, thyroid level and urinalysis
Following are the types of medical services that Dr. K can provide for your pet if needed during their stay:
– Thorough physical exams including eyes, ears, teeth, skin, orthopedic status, neurological status, etc.
– Basic and advanced bloodwork including heartworm tests and testing for Lyme disease, as well as Senior bloodwork including thyroid levels and urinalysis. Most results will be available the day after sampling occurs.
– Prescribing of medications for management of diarrhea, kennel cough, urinary tract infections, deworming, etc.
– Subcutaneous fluids to help maintain hydration if needed, as well as anti-nausea medications
– Basic laceration repair
– Lameness evaluation (not including imaging – see below)
– Cytology (via microscopic exam) for evaluation of skin lumps and bumps, ear infections, diagnosis of infectious/parasitic skin conditions, etc.
– Consultation (included in physical exam) for management of chronic conditions such as allergies and arthritis
– Consultation (included in physical exam) for evaluation of your pet’s weight management goals and diet needs/recommendations based on current established research.
– Referral to appropriate emergency hospital if physical exam suggests your pet needs more advanced care or diagnostic imaging.
Please be aware that Dr. K. is UNABLE to perform the following types of procedures:
– Diagnostic imaging such as chest/abdominal xrays, orthopedic xrays, or ultrasound
– Emergency point of care bloodwork with immediate results
– Hospitalization for very sick/critical pets
– Surgical procedures such as an emergency abdominal exploratory if indicated.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EXAM FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE ADVANCED CARE THAT MAY BE NEEDED FOR YOUR PET. THERE ARE 24-HOUR EMERGENCY HOSPITALS LOCATED WITHIN 1 HOUR OF THE QK CAMPUS WHERE WE MAY NEED TO REFER YOUR PET IN AN EMERGENT SITUATION.
WE WOULD OF COURSE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONTACT YOU OR YOUR DESIGNATED EMERGENCY CONTACTS SHOULD THE NEED ARISE TO SEEK SPECIALIZED CARE FOR YOUR PET.
We look forward to working with you and caring for your beloved pet at the amazing QK campus. Our goal is to have happy, healthy QK dogs!
To arrange for vet services during your dog’s stay, contact us at 860-546-2116