Dr. Kristin Williams services our QK customers and their pets to help ensure your pet’s health and comfort while staying on the QK campus.
Dr. K is on call 24/7 most days to come to the kennel and examine your dog should your pet become ill during their stay at QK.
PLANNED WELLNESS VISIT: $60 + any additional fees.
- Thorough physical exam including eyes, ears, teeth, skin, orthopedic status, neurological status, etc.
- Consultation for management of chronic conditions such as allergies and arthritis.
- Consultation for evaluation of your pet’s weight management goals and diet needs/recommendations based on current established research.
- Requested vaccine updates (with advance notice), additional fee.
- Requested Microchip service, additional fee.
UNPLANNED VISIT: $140 + any additional fees.
- Sick/Illness/Injury evaluation with any medication, treatments, testing/diagnostic fees.
Following are the types of medical services that Dr. K can provide for your pet if needed during their stay:
- Thorough physical exams including eyes, ears, teeth, skin, orthopedic status, neurological status, etc.
- Basic and advanced bloodwork including heartworm tests and testing for Lyme disease, as well as Senior bloodwork including thyroid levels and urinalysis. Most results will be available the day after sampling occurs.
- Prescribing of medications for management of diarrhea, kennel cough, urinary tract infections, deworming, etc.
- Subcutaneous fluids to help maintain hydration if needed, as well as anti-nausea medications
- Basic laceration repair
- Lameness evaluation
- Cytology (via microscopic exam) for evaluation of skin lumps and bumps, ear infections, diagnosis of infectious/parasitic skin conditions, etc.
- Referral to appropriate emergency hospital if physical exam suggests your pet needs more advanced care or diagnostic imaging.
Sample list of diagnostics Dr. K can do while your pet is staying at QK:
- Fecal Analysis including testing for Giardia
- Heartworm and Lyme Disease/Anaplasmosis/Ehrlichiosis test
- Baseline wellness bloodwork to check kidney and liver function, and a complete blood count
- Senior Profile – to include an extensive blood chemistry panel, complete blood count, thyroid level and urinalysis
Services NOT available:
- Diagnostic imaging: chest/abdominal x-rays, orthopedic x-rays, or ultrasound
- Emergency bloodwork with immediate results
- Hospitalization for very sick/critical pets
- Surgical procedures
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EXAM FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE ADVANCED CARE THAT MAY BE NEEDED FOR YOUR PET. THERE ARE 24-HOUR EMERGENCY HOSPITALS LOCATED WITHIN 1 HOUR OF THE QK CAMPUS WHERE WE MAY NEED TO REFER YOUR PET IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.
WE WOULD OF COURSE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONTACT YOU OR YOUR DESIGNATED EMERGENCY CONTACTS SHOULD THE NEED ARISE TO SEEK SPECIALIZED CARE FOR YOUR PET.
We look forward to working with you and caring for your beloved pet at the amazing QK campus.
Our goal is to have happy, healthy QK dogs!
To arrange for vet services during your dog’s stay, contact us at 860-546-2116